Thursday 27 September 2012

Resumption of duties...


Actually it's unfair of me to describe this blog as a duty as I really enjoy adding to it when the opportunities present themselves. 
We're on our holiday at the moment at a lovely little holiday cottage owned by Jill's mum & dad. Our little Lulu was put to bed a couple of hours ago so my better half and I are now relaxing in front of an open fire.
Jill's currently improving her progress on a Professor Layton mystery game and I've just caught up reading of the various blogs that I follow, hence you now find me compiling a new post. I suppose it's testimony to the quality of the blogs that I follow that it immediately makes me want to pick up my nearest digital device (my phone) and get some thoughts down on paper (so to speak). 
One particular blog that I really enjoy is Rude Cactus who's been "blogging from the right side of the dirt since 2003". I began reading his blog late last year, a short while before becoming a dad myself, along with a few other dad bloggers with the hope that I could get some nuggets of fatherly advice or at the very least feel some distant, digital bond to a kindred spirit who was going through or has been through the same stuff as I. The Rude Cactus blog doesn't quite fulfil a function of being an information service about fatherhood. What it does do however is give an entertaining, humorous, warm and often forthright glimpse into one man's journey as a family man and I consider it all the better for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment